A Clear Way to Improve Your Smile
Everyone’s smile is beautiful, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t a little room for improvement. Metal braces have helped millions improve the look of their smile; however, many others have missed out on the benefits of straighter teeth because of the negative issues associated with traditional braces. Invisalign transparent aligning trays can provide the same fantastic results as metal braces without the discomfort or aesthetic challenges. Invisalign is one of the many cosmetic procedures we provide at Dr. Jon D Smith Cosmetic and Restorative Dentistry LLC that help our patients feel confident about their smile.
The Invisalign Advantage
The benefits of Invisalign are many and include:
- Aesthetic Appeal – Because they’re transparent, Invisalign braces are practically invisible. However, if wanted you can remove them for important events such as a job interview
- Comfort – The flexible plastic trays fit smoothly over teeth without the irritation or pinching associated with metal braces
- Convenience – Simply switch into a new aligner tray every two weeks until corrections are complete
- Eating – There are no food limitations while wearing Invisalign because you take them out while eating
- Hygiene – Maintaining good oral hygiene is easy because Invisalign trays aren’t affixed to your teeth. Just remember to put the trays back in after brushing and flossing
While there are many benefits, many people are concerned that Invisalign braces won’t be effective for their specific dental issues. But just because they’re comfortable and convenient doesn’t mean Invisalign braces aren’t effective. They are!
Are You a Candidate for Invisalign?
Invisalign braces can improve your smile as effectively as conventional braces. You may be a candidate for Invisalign if you:
- Have bite problems such as an overbite, crossbite, spaces between teeth, crowded teeth or misaligned teeth
- Are currently wearing metal braces or have worn them in the past
- Are a teen or an adult
- Have good overall dental health with no untreated cavities or gum disease
- Are a nonsmoker
- Are committed to following treatment guidelines and wearing Invisalign trays as directed by your doctor
- Qualify for conventional metal braces
Invisalign transparent braces are a comfortable, convenient and removable option for almost anyone who wants to improve their smile and enjoy the advantages of straighter teeth. But the best way to find out if you’re a candidate for Invisalign is to schedule an evaluation with Dr. Jon. Contact our office at 803-359-6143 to make an appointment and learn more about how cosmetic dentistry and Invisalign can help you.