INVISALIGN IS THE NEW FACE OF BRACES
Many of our patients want to enjoy straighter, nicer-looking teeth. However, they’re less than enthusiastic about the cosmetic, comfort, and hygiene issues associated with traditional metal braces. If that describes you, then Invisalign may be an excellent alternative. These “invisible” braces offer many advantages over more conventional options — and we’re happy to make them available here at Dr. Jon D. Smith Cosmetic & Restoration Dentistry.
How Does Invisalign Work?
What does an “invisible” dental product look like? Invisalign treatment uses transparent plastic aligner trays, custom molded to fit your upper and lower rows of teeth. When you put them on, they will appear visible to others only at extremely close range — from every other vantage point, no one will even know you’re wearing them.
You’ll wear the same pair of aligner trays every day for two weeks, at which point you’ll switch them out for a new, slightly different pair. We then continue this process every couple of weeks, with office visits at four-week to six-week intervals as we track your teeth and watch your smile improve!
Why Should I Choose Invisalign?
The slight changes from tray to tray gently straighten your teeth. One of the benefits of Invisalign is the fact that they can complete their mission in less time than metal braces, although the total amount of time you’ll use the trays depends on how much straightening your teeth actually need.
But you’ll enjoy many other benefits from the Invisalign approach as well. These include:
- Comfort – The metal components and rubber bands used in traditional braces can sometimes rub and irritate the inside of the mouth. Invisalign’s smooth, “second skin” fit causes no such discomfort, making it easy for you to wear them the recommended 20 to 22 hours each day.
- Hygiene – You can remove the Invisalign trays for brief periods whenever you need to. This means you can brush and floss your teeth just as you always have, allowing you to maintain better dental hygiene than might be possible with metal braces.
- Ease of eating – You can enjoy all of your favorite foods with Invisalign braces without worrying about getting them caught in any brackets, bands, or wires. In fact, you take them out entirely at mealtimes — just remember to pop them back in again.
- Close-up aesthetic appeal – Even though Invisalign braces are practically invisible, you might want to attend that big job interview or other up-close meeting with nothing on your teeth at all. This is another reason to praise the removability of these convenient plastic aligners.
Are you a Candidate for Invisalign?
Invisalign corrects most of the common bite problems that cause people to seek out braces, including:
- Crossbite (When the teeth are misaligned laterally)
- Spaces between teeth
- Crowded teeth
- Rotated and misaligned teeth
The best way to know whether you are a good candidate for Invisalign is to contact our office at 803-359-6143 to schedule an evaluation. We want to make your bite problems disappear.